Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Inhaler

I had a small anxiety attack about an hour ago.  I don't know.  Things happen and I get a tight feeling in my chest, then suddenly I'm face down on my bed, breathing into my comforter.  I was supposed to on a train into the city, but life is hard and I just need to focus on breathing.
I have a friend who is far too comfortable with me, and it feels like he's trying to fill some void in his relationship with me.  I'm not grout.  I can't fill in the cracks your girlfriend leaves for you.  I am too focused on myself, and my own ball-and-chain.  My ball-and-chain, though, does not weigh me down.
"I know you don't think things last forever, but I really don't see how we could mess this up."
Our life is so easy.  We wake up with good mornings, drink coffee, get brunch at our favorite place, and talk about anything.  People, places we've been, vacations we want to take, how we're not looking forward to school.
You'd think my anxiety and unhappiness would dissipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment